Have the monkeys blown it?

The anticipation and chronicle of the woes soon to befall humankind. If you don't wish to know about bad things about to happen to you then you probably don't want to be here. Otherwise, I recommend you read any numbered topics, like Peak Oil, in sequence. If you comment I suggest you use a nickname, I'd appreciate you being consistent in what you call yourself.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Peak Oil 3 : Where you're at

1. Avoidance
2. Denial
3. Anger
4. Acceptance
4. Depression
5. Positive action

No, it isn't a mistake having two #4, either or both can happen, simultaneously, separately, in either order.

You may not experience every stage, some may never get past the first, but the odds are you will get to at least 2. since you are here.

I'm probably at a combination of 4 and 5. I've definitely been taking some positive action for a year and more. I no longer seek to find ways to 'logically' avoid what is inevitably coming so I presume I'm past acceptance, but I am often depressed by how stupid we humans persist in being, especially most of our political leaders.

You will have to decide for yourself where you are at, but I will add some words of caution. I'm not talking about 'rational' things here, you may well understand peak oil on an intellectual level, understanding it on an emotional level is quite, quite different. That is what I am referring to. Don't be surprised if you get the urge to weep or bang your head against a wall, I would consider that normal and perhaps a healthy sign that you are nearing acceptance. After all, life as you have lived it and expected it to continue will be gone within a mere handful of years at most. It's kinda like a devout Christian, ecstatic at the sight of God descending to Earth, then hearing him say "I'm Beelzebub, I killed your God 10,000 years ago, Christ was my son, you are mine."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home